The HKSTP x JYCGIF IdeaGO Ideathon 2023 (the ‘Ideathon’), jointly organised by the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (‘HKSTP’) and Jennifer Yu Cheng Girls Impact Foundation (‘JYCGIF’), will be held from 11 July to 4 Nov 2023. Under the guidance of industry professionals, participants representing secondary schools or NGOs will learn and adopt design thinking and Innovation and Technology (‘I&T’) to formulate solutions and mockups/prototypes to address health and wellbeing, sustainability (low carbon & green living) and challenges faced by women in society. Participants will compete in teams to propose innovative end-to-end solutions in this pilot Ideathon. We hope teen girls come away from the experience with a deeper understanding of and interest in I&T, new industrialisation and entrepreneurship.
Through the Ideathon, participants will:
- Master the design thinking process, propose end-to-end solutions involving planning, ideation, and mockups/prototypes to address specific challenges.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of a challenge stemming from i) Health and wellbeing; ii) Sustainability (Low carbon & green living) or iii) Issues specific to women in society, all under the guidance of industry professionals.
- Learn how I&T can be applied to different situations in real life.
- Develop competencies including but not limited to creativity, innovation, collaboration, problem solving, confidence, resilience, and public speaking.
- Pursue their full potential and contribute to society.
Target: Form 3 to Form 5/Grade 9-11 (academic year 2023/24) teen girls studying in Hong Kong.
- 3 – 4 participants per team, plus an adult facilitator, responsible for contact and facilitation (teacher/authorized representative of a school/NGO).
- Each participant can join just one team, and each school/NGO can send up to two teams maximum.
Competition Themes (Select 1):
- Health and wellbeing
- Sustainability (Low carbon & green living)
- Challenges faced by women in society
[Day 2] Meeting with industry professionals, originally scheduled for July 17, 2023, has been rescheduled to July 31, 2023.
This decision was made due to the issuance of Typhoon Signal no. 8, which has made it necessary for us to prioritize the safety and well-being of our participants and staff. For details, please contact your facilitator. Thank you for your attention.
- Teams will compete for Champion, First Runner-Up and Second Runner-Up awards in the Ideathon. The winning teams will have the opportunity to exchange and demonstrate their product at Greater Bay Area exchanges.
- Individual and team merit awards will also be allocated.
- Each shortlisted contestant will receive a certificate.
How to apply?
Applications for the IdeaGO Ideathon are no longer being accepted. Please stay tuned for updates about the competition’s shortlisted teams!
For Enquiries: email@example.com or +852 2119 3158.
Remarks: Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation and Jennifer Yu Cheng Girls Impact Foundation Limited reserve the right to elaborate, change, or modify any of the above details.
The Hong Kong Association for Computer Education